This is my very first post on my new website. It’s quite exciting! I truly never imagined starting off with pouring my heart out. I just knew my first post would be about a fresh new hair cut! Instead, I decided to share my thoughts.
Before the end of 2015, I shared a part of my world in a post on my personal Facebook & Instagram accounts. To my surprise, I received a lot of positive feedback. In addition to comments, I received messages from numerous people. The interactions were absolutely Phenomal! Sharing parts of yourself can open up so many things for others. You have no idea!
Many are afraid of sharing the “Not so Great” moments of their lives in fear of looking bad and being judged. A majority of the time, when someone passes judgement on you, it is something within themselves that they do not want to face. It’s usually NEVER about you. . .but their own limitations and/or insecurities. Now, don’t get me wrong, there is honest constructive criticism and there is JUDGEMENT. You must learn to differentiate the two. That’s an entire different topic for another day 😉
A few of you may feel that being vulnerable is a sign of weakness. WRONG! It is absolute courage! There is nothing like owning all that you are without any excuses or apologies. Do not be afraid of vulnerability. There is great reward in being vulnerable. It takes courage to ask for what you need, to express your feelings and to have those hard conversations that most keep hidden and locked away. It can also be a major bridge to building great connections. Does this make you a sucker? Absolutely NOT! I know it is no easy task. Your heart has to be completely open.
Authenticity also requires vulnerability in addition to transparency and integrity. I aim to be as authentic as possible. I have done. . .well, (still doing – I’m far from perfect), some major work on myself in regards to Integrity. If you cannot be honest and authentic with yourself, it will be hard to be honest and authentic with others. Aim to always do what is right, not what’s easy. You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.
The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all – Anonymous
The words below. . .the original share I posted on December 31st, 2015.
Own Who you are! Be Fearlessly Authentic!
Sooooo, in 2015. . .
▪ I have reestablished unconditional love for myself
▪ I not only strengthened but reinforced my personal relationship with God
▪ I have forgiven myself
▪ I have forgiven others
▪ I took a stand & stood up for myself in MANY negative situations
▪ I’ve become comfortable with being fully expressed
▪ I’m OK with the fact that I make a few uncomfortable (Means I’m doing something RIGHT)
▪ I Eliminated 85% of my debt (Almost DEBT Free)
▪ I have a new found Freedom & it feels Amazing
▪ I moved back to New York
▪ I’ve identified what I’m Attached to vs. what I’m Committed to
▪ I Restored full Integrity & recommited to myself
▪ I’ve taken on a project that will change the lives of many children (will not reveal as of yet)
▪ I gained many new powerful acquaintances in my network (personal & business)
▪ Got my Sexy Back (All Mental)
▪ I identified a whole lot of the negative in my life & I have taken steps to eliminate it (this includes people) ⬅ Do not be afraid to let go!
▪ I’m determined & focused
Mannnn listen! I’ve been through a lot of shit this year! As I’m sure many of you have been. Don’t glorify the negative. Celebrate the positive! You’re still alive & breathing; which means you have the Power to create anything you want for yourself!
I have no new year resolutions! I already have what I need & will continue to work for what I want! I look forward to a powerful 2016 & hope & pray many of you will be a part of it.
Happy New Year!