Below, you will find step by step details on how I achieved this Quick Flat Twist Out and Straw Set using the LOC Method.
- First, I washed my hair with Cantu’s Complete Condtioning Co-Wash which gently cleanses your curls and your scalp. I like that its in a squeezable bottle; which makes applying it to my hair in the shower a lot easier. It’s also free of sulfates, silicones, parabens and mineral oil. . .and it smells absolutely amazing!
- I applied a light water based leave-in conditioner by Giovanni. Moisturizing your hair restores its strength and builds body.
- I then applied coconut oil to my hair. The oil helps lock in the moisture that I previously added with a leave-in conditioner. I used a cold-pressed and unrefined organic virgin coconut oil that I buy from Trader Joe’s. When massaged into your scalp, coconut oil helps to improve blood circulation; which helps support hair growth. Coconut Oil helps prevent split ends and your hair from breaking. It also makes your hair soft and adds luster and shine. It’s always best to apply oil to your hair when damp.
- I then combed my hair out with a wide tooth comb. This helps even out all the wonderful ingredients that I’ve added to my hair thus far.
- Next, I sectioned my hair in the direction I want my twists to fall. I usually prep about 4 small sections.
- Flat Twists: Again, direction is EVERYTHING! This will determine how your curls look. I absolutely love to wear my curls in a frohawks. Starting from back to front, I twist in an upwards motion.
- I then applied the last part of the LOC Method. I used Cantu’s Shea Butter for Natural Hair. . .Coconut Curling Cream. It moisturizes, defines curls and is excellent for dry hair! In the winter months, my hair tends to get very dry and brittle. I try my best to use products that will deep condition and retain moisture.
- After twisting my hair, I then used straws to curl the ends of my flat twists.