I achieved these curls by doing a Straw Set. Follow these few steps.
1. Prepped all my products. I moisturized with Girl and Hair leave in conditioner. It’s very hydrating.
2. ALWAYS #Detangle your hair. I prefer using a Detangle Brush. I tried a new one today by Txture Pro I ❤ it & highly recommend it
3. Section your hair in the direction you want your twists to fall
4. Straw Set: Direction is important. I have about 4 small sections. I twisted my hair on the straws in an upwards motion (coming forward). I used #ecostyler Black Castor & Flaxseed Gel
5. Unravel; separate your curls
6. I Lightly teased my roots & curls with my fingers; again, in an upwards motion. I didn’t separate them much.
7. I Styled my curls in a Mohawk. I wanted my curls to look a lil old, not too fresh…so I did my straw set whilst my hair was dry. First time in a while with these curls. I love the end result. Switching up from time to time is good 😉
My side’s were shaved ✂✂✂ by Master Barber Kevin Kidd
Many are inspired by how I wear my natural hair in various tapered cuts and curled styles. I love creating different shaved cuts, color patterns and twist out techniques. Do you ever want that cut, style or technique, but just don’t know where to look? I prefer to use Instagram and the # hashtag, which is a powerful tool for us Naturalista’s. . . to get inspiration!
I too am quite inspired by many other Natural Hair Bloggers. These are just very few of those that I have on my inspiration list which I want to share with you. You’ll find a variety of shaped haircuts, fros, coils, curls & protective styles.
For the past few years, the term and hashtag #naturalista has been used by many. What exactly is a Naturalista? If you look in the dictionary or search Naturalista in your web browser, you will find different meanings. The first one I saw stated that a Naturalista is anything or anyone copying nature’s ways, its natural surroundings; pertaining to natural history; or anyone about or an advocate of naturalism. Another meaning stated that a Naturalista is a biologist knowledgeable about natural history. The one that stood out the most to me was the Urban Dictionary’s meaning.
Kudos to the author ❤️ I am a black African female and I totally identify and take pride in who I am, my hair and its wonderful texture. . .But, I believe being a Naturalista is deeper than what is written. It is what all these meanings state and then some! Being a Naturalista is a way of life. Being a Naturalista is being YOU! Naturalista’s come in all shades, shapes and sizes . They also rock fros, frohawks, tapered cuts, undercuts, locs, protective styles, blowouts and pressed hair.
Being a Naturlista is not a statement but the closest I can get to being myself! – Anonymous